Cortisone Injection for Hair
Cortisone injection for hair represent a safe option for hair regrowth, and it is a suitable solution especially for those who suffer from autoimmune diseases and lose their hair as a result.
Cortisone injection for is a medical and cosmetic procedure, as it restores hair growth after its fall and fights hair loss due to diseases.
What Can Cortisone Injection for Hair Achieve?
- Re-growth of more than half of the hair in the area.
- Injection of the affected area to be treated during one session with a large number of injections every 4-6 weeks
Cortisone can be used in the treatment of hair loss in different forms, as follows:
- Topical Application or Taking Oral Medications:
- Topical cortisone application is an effective option for those who do not like or tolerate injections, such as children with alopecia areata.
- Topical application using ointments such as fluocinolone acetonide 0.2% cream or 0.05% betamethasone dipropionate cream, spray or shampoo is done daily for at least three months as directed by the doctor.
- This method is easy and useful, but its therapeutic results are weak compared to injections and it is not useful in cases of accelerated and severe hair loss.
- Oral corticosteroids can be used in some cases of severe and accelerated baldness, but this method is generally not recommended, due to the many side effects of cortisone when taken systemically and for a long time.
- Inject the Scalp Directly:
- Cortisone injections for hair are used in most cases in adults with alopecia areata, as cortisone injections are the best and most successful way to treat this condition and include excellent results in more than 70% of cases.
- The injection session includes a large number of injections, and the session should be done every 4-6 weeks, or according to the doctor’s assessment of the results and the effectiveness of the treatment.
- The injection is done using a 3 ml syringe, where doctors prefer to use lower concentrations of cortisone when injecting in order to avoid its side effects as much as possible.
- Triamcinolone acetonide is the preferred type of injection for doctors. It is used in a dose of 3 ml at a concentration of 5 mg/ml, and it is injected into the middle layer of the skin in places separated by a space of 1 cm, where about 0.1 ml is injected into each area.
- In some cases, local anesthesia may be used in people who cannot tolerate injections or in children.
- The treatment needs a period of 6-8 weeks until the results begin to appear, during which at least half of the lost hair is restored, and the period for the results to appear does not last more than three months.
Pros of Cortisone Injection for Hair:
Cortisone is fast effective, especially in cases of alopecia, as the follicles regain their vitality within a record period compared to other treatment methods.
Cortisone relieves pain in the area and the local cortisone injections are more effective, less expensive and bothersome.
Cortisone injection for hair is very effective in re-growth of hair and gives satisfactory and excellent results, based on many studies and research.
“Healthy International” is designed to offer a new treatment experience by collaborating with world-renowned hospitals and doctors to create a perfect treatment and complete travel program.
Do you have any questions or would you like to make an appointment with Healthy International Clinic? Please, feel free to get in touch with us and fill in your details on the form above and we will contact you soon.