Dhi Hair Transplant
The most important factor that distinguishes the dhi hair transplant method from other methods is: it can be defined as the transplantation of the follicles taken from the donor area without opening the canal with the help of the implanter. This method, in which the process steps are combined, is similar to FUE. The Choi needle, called implanter, has a very thin and sharp tip with a cylindrical structure. Donor hair is imported along this channel and inserted into the needle. Because of this application, the DHI method is generally known as the Choi method.
The DHI method has some advantages.
- Since the collected donor hair is stitched within a few minutes, time of hair follicles remaining outside the tissue reduces to a minimum level, thus it enables a healthier planting opportunity.
- The survival rate of hair follicles is also higher in this process.
- Since there is no channel opening process, the risk of bleeding is very low and recovery process will be less.
- Faster recovery is seen after planting than other methods.
- With this technique, the opportunity of performing unshaved hair transplantation is possible.
What are the Disadvantages of DHI Hair Transplantation?
- It is a more expensive method than other hair transplantation techniques.
- The person to be transplanted must be careful and have a good health.
- Hair transplantation takes longer than FUE method.
- Since each root planted in the area is planed immediately, it is important to apply angle and posture processes carefully.
How is Dhi Hair Transplant Done?
This application consists of five stages in total.
- It is the same as normal hair transplant preparations. First of all, the patient meets with the doctor. Afterwards, analysis and planting planning is done. Blood tests are done to clarify the patient’s health condition. If everything is positive, preparation is made for the hair transplant operation.
- Local anesthesia is also applied in this application. Only numbing the nerves of the area where it is applied for a certain period of time. This procedure is done by anesthesiologists. The application time takes approximately 3 to 4 minutes. In the same process, the donor area is cleaned with anesthetic fluids. After the cleaning process, anesthetic fluids are made with a very fine needle in the appropriate ratio and form.
Graft Collection Process
- The process begins to collect donor roots from the healthy area. With the help of the micro motor device, the hair follicles are softening. This process helps to remove the follicles without damaging the hair follicles in the surrounding area. After the procedure, roots are started to be collected with the help of forceps.
Hair Follicles Preparation Process
- It is this process that distinguishes it from other hair transplant methods. The preparation process of the hair follicles continues with their placement by the implanter device. Tissues are cleaned before placing on the device. Choi pens are used during this application. In each application, 20/30 sometimes 100 can be used.
Planting Follicles Process
- The most important step of the DHI method is the planting of hair follicles by channel opening. The follicles that are collected and placed in Choi pens begin to be planted in the right direction and angle. Application of the pen is opening the channel instantly and inserting the follicles inside. While planting process is going, helpers carefully place the follicles on the empty pens.
Process after Dhi Hair Transplant
Dhi Hair Transplant Since there are no stitches and incisions after the procedure, it passes more easily than other methods. Tissue damage is minimal and the healing process is fast. Since the work is done in the donor area during the procedure, rashes may last up to one week.
An antibiotic cure that should be applied for 1 week will be recommended after the application.
This application is for precautionary purposes.
You can return to your normal life within 4 to 5 days after the procedure.
Difference between DHI and FUE Method
The main difference between DHI and FUE method is that in DHI method the application is applied without hair shaving. Another difference is that hair follicles are transplanted in 1-2 minutes after collection and minimizes the waiting time.
These methods give more successful results to transplant between thinning hair areas.
Planting in a narrow area can be done more intensely.
Unshaved Hair Transplant with DHI Method
As in all other methods, the DHI hair transplant method can be used without shaving. In FUT and FUE methods, the donor area must be shaved. However, this is not a necessity in the DHI method.
Can Hair Transplant with DHI/Choi be Applied to Everyone?
During the development process of the application, it has been observed that this method is not suitable for everyone. Generally, this method is not possible to apply for those who have thin or curly hair. Hair roots cause problems in placing on the tip of the implanter pen. However, after product development studies technology, an implanter that can be applied to all hair types has been produced. Implanters with varying sizes between 0.64 and 1 mm in thickness, have brought a wide variety of suitability to all hair type in hair transplant.
For more follow as on instagram